Monday, 14 July 2008

Making History?


EWS 66 193 aproaches Newland Avenue in Hull in June 2007 - currently there are eight coal trains in and out of Hull each day, following the completion of our work, there will be 22 in and out of the city every day.
Here's an interesting thought, well I think it's interesting anyway! As you may aware by now, the railways of Hull and East Yorkshire interest me greatly, and I have read everything I can find on the subject. It's seems strange that I, due to my recent work, have now become, albeit in a very small way, part of this history.

The work being undertaken will see a huge increase in capacity on the former Hull and Barnsley route through the town; currently there are eight coal trains each way, following the work there will be up to 22 each way per day. It's rather nice to think that I'd made a contribution to something which has interested me so much over the years.

Work taking place at HJS-23 on Stoneferry Road, Hull - start of a long shift!

No comments:

Post a Comment