Tuesday, 16 June 2009

Catcott Burtle


Following Chris Navard's shameless self promotion(!) I bought the July edition of Hornby Magazine purely for the article on Catcott Burtle. It is a masterpiece; no two ways about it. The layout demonstrates just how Chris is able to judge colours and texture which make for an incredible realistic result.


Although you can look at the layout on the net, the magazine is well worth getting as the article goes into the background and thought behind the layout in a way which isn't always easy to do so in a blog. The article closes with thoughts of a much larger project which, I have to say I'd love to see, as I have said already!


I was pleasently surprised by the rest of the magazine; I don't wish to sound snobbish but the magazine isn't really aimed at people like me. By this I mean that it seems to be aimed mainly at those who still starting within the hobby who want to take their hobby to the next level and start to make things for themselves. In this the magazine seems to be doing rather well from what I have seen. The articles aren't patronising but informative and easy to read. Well worth keeping an eye on.


No comments:

Post a Comment