Thursday, 31 December 2009

The New Year - A time to reflect


Having experienced such joy after the birth of Thomas but such feelings of shock coupled with sadness just a couple of days later I have been left in a very reflective frame of mind.

2009 has been a strange year in many ways. Work wise the start and end of the year it was great - the middle bit was no so good and left me very depressed and wondering what was the point as summer passed me by as I sat with no real purpose trapped in stale air-conditioned offices. But out of the office, on track I felt so much better. I know where, and with what, I want to work!


Personally, we got through our first year of marriage, or rather, somehow Suzi coped with a year of being married to me! Then we found out it would no longer be the two of us! Or three of us if you include George, he may be a cat but at the moment he's at least three times the size of Thomas!


Modelling wise the highlight was undoubtedly Botanic Gardens making its debut at the Hull Show, albeit as a work in progress with the Class P1 covering a silly mileage over the course of the weekend! The positive reaction we got at the show was very encouraging indeed and has certainly spurred us on! I hope 2010 will be a great year for the layout and the team behind it - we have lots to do but the progress made since the show has been amazing and I do hope this will continue. For me knowing where to start with the great, long list of things I want to do may be the hardest part!

Botanic Gardens from above
2010 is going to be a year of huge change; Thomas is due to be home tomorrow and life will then change forever! Hopefully modelling will still be there, somewhere! Though I'm trying to sort out some of my projects in such a way that some can be done on the dining table rather than requiring the workshop! That way they should be able to fit into home life fairly easily - well that's the plan, who knows if it'll work or not!

Though I know exactly where my priorities will be...



No comments:

Post a Comment