Friday, 21 May 2010

One of the Best Feelings in the World!



For those of you who have never played cricket you may not understand this but, as a bowler, taking a wicket is always a great feeling! Though the lad in the picture is a rather good cricketer and used to play for us but just beaten here by a off break. To prove I can report in a balanced way I will add that my previous delivery had been belted through the covers for four!

Local cricket often goes unrecorded however locally we now have an excellent website - HU17.net The name gives away the area which it covers - HU17 is the postcode for Beverley and the surrounding villages. Other 'local' papars and news sites tend to be very much 'Hull-centric' and leave places like Beverley alone. So if your local the site is well worth a look and if you're from further afield, have a look to see the sort of site you should have for your community!


3 comments:

  1. I generally found local cricket more interesting than the professional version.

    I don't play myself, (No-one has heard of ot here) but I imagine the feeling of riding a century on a bike is a similar sensation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did Karl (that is him, isn't it? It's hard to tell behind the bat) get his own back with the ball?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is Karl behind the bat - I was at the other end! Nice little off-break got him! He didn't do too badly with the ball - well, would expect anything else?! Darren and I were quite pleased when he finished and less so when he came back on near the end. We lost by ten runs in the end; had a couple of younger members remembered how to use the long barrier it might have ben a different story! Though I went in with three overs left when we needed 39; we got 29 so I think the middle order could hold their heads high!

    I imagine cricket isn't big in Germany but I know a number of people who have played cricket in Germany and there are various grounds out there. All those I know of are located within British Army bases though!

    j.

    ReplyDelete