Wednesday, 8 December 2010

In the Bleak Midwinter



Snow has covered the Wolds, much like the rest of the country actually, and at times getting anywhere is rather difficult! At the end of last week, after not going anywhere for several days I went to get vital supplies as we were running low on baby milk and cat food. It took twenty minutes, four people, two shovels and a fair bit of shoving to get my car out of our road! Thankfully it's improving a little bit now. But Thomas has seen his first snow - first he's conscious of anyway - and seems to like despite the look of confusion he had when he first saw it falling.

So lots of time inside and I decided to spend a bit of time on an ongoing project. I was quite shocked to see the last update of it on here and how long has passed since. Some of you may have seen it when Botanic Gardens made its exhibition debut though.

I still think it's a lovely kit - it's not too far off from being ready for the paintshop either. The boiler is only resting in place for now so doesn't sit properly and the whole thing sits too high as it's waiting for lead weights - it's my first sprung chassis and it seem to have gone OK, but I'm looking forward to seeing how it runs.

It's providing a nice opportunity to hide away from the bad weather too!

No comments:

Post a Comment