Saturday, 4 January 2014

Narrow Minded


This is my first 009 loco build for about ten years!

It's based on the Langley Models kit - the castings are OK. There was more flash and feed marks than I think is acceptable but with cleaning up they'll be fine. This is the basic structure erected to check for sqaureness. I'm using low melt solder so at the model it's simply tacked together but once I'm happy with everything I'll run proper seams round the joints. With care I'm hoping this will turn out nicely - the kit has plenty of potential.


Originally I thought this must be my first bit of 009 for fifteen years, but turns out it's only ten years (or there abouts!) since I last did anything narrow gauge - a Gem WD Baldwin, a nice little coincidence!


Further Reading

War Department Light Railways

No comments:

Post a Comment