Wednesday, 4 May 2016

Birchwood Casey Super Blue


After sixteen years my bottle of 'Birchwood Casey Super Blue' has finally run out! I bought my bottle from Martyn Welch when he was demonstrating at York MRS one year. I think I was about sixteen at the time. It's great stuff too - intended for re-bluing shot guns, it works well on nickel silver and brass too as well as the obvious steel, for which it is really intended. For chassis and running gear this is much better than painting, you loose any chance of paint gumming anything up. I have moved to 'painting' all my chassis with this, as it leaves a lovely dull metallic appearance which, once weathered, is just right for these part of a vehicle. As you can see, it worked very effectively on these Penbits bogies too.

No comments:

Post a Comment